Conder Flag began in 1941 as Conder's Soda Shop on West Trade Street in Charlotte, NC. Founder Carson Conder started selling flags during World War II to support neighborhood troops in service, drawing families who wanted to buy American-made flags for their homes. In the 1960s, Conder's flag business grew particularly as Alaska and Hawaii joined the United States. During the 1970s, sparked by the resurgence in flag sales for the U.S. Bicentennial, Conder sold flags exclusively and the name Conder Flag Company took root.
In 1982, Mr. Conder's son-in-law, Ernie Creech, purchased the family business. By January 2005, the company had outgrown its location and moved to a new 32,000-square foot location. Today, Creech operates Conder Flag Company with Barry Austin, Mr. Conder's grandson and the company's manager for 20 years. Under their leadership, Conder Flag has steadily grown to become a leader for American and custom-made flags and banners.